Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Favorite Time Waster

We can't work all the time so I like to play Shisen. It is an easy to learn tile game in the same fashion as Mahjong with some slight differences. The object is to clear the board of the tiles in as little time as possible. Easy yes? Not always since the tiles must not be more than three straight lines apart and after staring at the board for a little while all the tiles seem to blend together. But I find it very challenging to try and complete the task quickly. My personal best is 4:18. This version is XShisen found in the Debian repositories. There are different variations out there and I have played a few. For me this one is the most difficult and challenging making it the funnest to play. Give it a try and tell us what your favorite time waster happens to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Techbits reserves the right to not publish comments but will only exercise this right if a comment is vulgar, completely off-topic or spam.