Thursday, October 1, 2009

Preview: Ubuntu Karmic Koala v9.10 Beta

This Beta release of Karmic Koala looks much more polished than when I installed Alpha 4. I really like the inclusion of the App Store. Better descriptions of the programs will come in hady for those of us still somewhat new to Linux or Ubuntu. I ended up removing the Alpha version when an update went south. I have since installed Debian Lenny and I like it a lot. Debian is so versatile it is no wonder so many distributions are baased on it. Ubuntu and all the variations of it are all Debian based OS's. I would still recommend Ubuntu as a good alternative to Windows XP. Ubuntu has a small learning curve but not super challenging. There are many avenues for support including the forums at Canonical's website. Visit Lifehacker for a more in depth review of Karmic Koala. If you are interested, here is the full release schedule from Canonical for Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala. I do not think it was pure luck that Microsoft chose October 22 as the release date for Windows 7. One look at this release schedule will tell you why.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Techbits reserves the right to not publish comments but will only exercise this right if a comment is vulgar, completely off-topic or spam.