Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What Is Yout Favorite Linux Distribution?

On the main page of Distrowatch is a box for their top 100 page rankings by distro. You can filter by 7 days, 30 days etc. I chose 6 months and the top ten as of today are:

  1. Ubuntu
  2. Fedora
  3. Mint
  4. openSuse
  5. Mandriva
  6. Debian
  7. PCLinuxOS
  8. Puppy
  9. Sabayon
  10. Arch
I found it interesting that I have tried five from this list. I currently use Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 4, carry Fedora 11 on a USB stick, Mint was one of my early Linux experiences, I carry a USB stick with PCLinuxOS too and have used Puppy for quite a while on an older laptop until finally giving all the hard drive space to AntiX. Linux is just plain fun to use and experiment with. There is definitely a distribution for just about everyone and any task. Try it yourself and see just how many of the top ten you have used

No comments:

Post a Comment

Techbits reserves the right to not publish comments but will only exercise this right if a comment is vulgar, completely off-topic or spam.