Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fedora 11 Has Arrived

Fedora 11 is finally an official release. If you want to download a copy now click on the banner to the right. I have downloaded the live cd version tonight and the new LiveUSB-Creator. I am loading it to a USB flash drive and will test drive this new version of Fedora right away. I am using a 4gb stick for the live USB install and the first difference I have noticed is the newer USB-Creator is allowing me to use all of the available space left for persistent storage. The older version maxed out at about 2gb's. The LiveUSB-Creator worked in just over 16 minutes which was about 7 minutes longer than the previous version. Okay now for the real test. l booted to the stick and Project Fedora team has hit it right! I was on the desktop in just about 20 seconds as promised. Network was detected, setup and working. Also detected correctly was the underlying file system. I now have a working Fedora 11 USB stick with about 3gb's of useful storage space. That's so cool! I will post more later after trying this out on a laptop or two.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Techbits reserves the right to not publish comments but will only exercise this right if a comment is vulgar, completely off-topic or spam.