Friday, June 12, 2009

Speedtest Results

Cox Cable advertises all time about Powerboost but only in off hours like almost 4am have I obtained the results advertised.



I ran a second test on a Los Angeles server for comparison and the results were almost the same.





I did these tests in Fedora 11 on my HP laptop. I am using a D-link wireless N card. It has the Atheros chip set which has been very difficult in the past to get any connection. In Fedora 10 it would connect but never go anywhere. In Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10 and 9.04 I was able to get it working but not at this speed rating. I should also mention that my best test ever in Windows only went above just above 12 Mb/s. So once again I am very pleased with the progress Project Fedora is making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Techbits reserves the right to not publish comments but will only exercise this right if a comment is vulgar, completely off-topic or spam.