Friday, July 24, 2009

Ubuntu 9.10 Alpha 3 Is Available

Hey all you Ubuntu fans according to Distrowatch, Canonical has release Karmic Koala Alpha 3 for Ubuntu 9.10. I will certainly give this a try since I did like 9.04 it just never really performed that stellar in the wireless department. It connected fine using the Dlink-652 wireless card in my laptop but wasn't as responsive as Fedora 11. See the Speedtest results I posted a while back for Ubuntu and Fedora. So I am curious to see if they have improved the performance for the Ahteros chipset in this version. I will give it a try this weekend and report back. Two of the more noteworthy changes are the 2.6.31-3.19 kernet and ext4 as the default filesystem. I suggest you head over to their website for the full run-down of the newest features in Karmic Koala.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Techbits reserves the right to not publish comments but will only exercise this right if a comment is vulgar, completely off-topic or spam.